Digital Hub is an open-source data integration and interoperability platform created within the Co-Innovation Hub, the multidisciplinary skill hub with FBK – Fondazione Bruno Kessler. Digital Hub enables data circularity and service interoperability on multiple markets. It facilitates digital business innovation by developing new applications that integrate AI, advanced analytics, and IoT, thus supporting the Group's open innovation strategy and ecosystem.
The collaboration between Dedagroup and FBK has fostered data interoperability among public services, creating a point of contact between the applications of Deda Next — the Group company dedicated to the digital transformation of public services —and the other data generated at local level and the enabling Italian platforms.
The profound experience and knowledge in public services, constant collaboration with local entities of all kinds and sizes, and the expertise of the Digital Hub technological platform have allowed public administrations and the private sector to experiment and co-develop services. This expertise has led to the development of international, replicable, and scalable projects such as:
• Air Break, a multidisciplinary project headed by the Municipality of Ferrara and among the winners of UIA (Urban Innovation Actions), the EU initiative that promotes sustainability and European smart city projects. Starting with air quality data, Air Break aims to encourage a significant reduction in atmospheric pollution and, through a mathematical model analysis, to foster a series of closely integrated actions, such as building awareness, facilitating sustainable commuting, and introducing smart solutions to cut pollutants in selected areas of cities;
• INTERLINK (Innovating government and citizen co-delivery for the digital single market) is a Horizon 2020 project designed to test technological and methodological solutions to facilitate the sharing and replicability of digital services among public administrations, private partners and citizens, thereby developing a new digital collaborative governance model.
The expertise stemming from these projects, which enable the digital transformation of public services, flows into the constant development of the CA.RE. survey. Deda Next uses the survey to measure the digital evolution of Local Entities, providing public services with an operating tool for assessing the results achieved, comparing themselves with other entities, and identifying areas where they can improve their digitalization level. CA.RE. acts as a thermometer measuring the status of the digital evolution of public services in four different areas: digital skills, digital services, digital administrations, and digital transparency. Unlike other digitalization indicators for entities and companies, it is based on an in-depth analysis of the European Commission's Digital Economy & Society Index (DESI).
AIAAA – Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Analysis Applications is a project developed to help financial institutions better meet companies' needs with more efficient services that leverage the full potential of cutting-edge technologies. Together with FBK and the financial support of the Italian Autonomous Province of Trento, Dedagroup Business Solution will apply a predictive analysis approach to develop smart applications that will enable banks, businesses, and insurance companies to improve their services and lower end-user costs by interacting with the Digital Hub framework.
The project's goals include developing a new intelligent migration machine for financial institutions and businesses designed to improve the M&A process in all economic and production sectors. Thanks to the data analysis phases' optimization, it is also estimated that it may halve the timing and costs of an M&A process.
In parallel, a shared simulation environment will be capable of applying various performance scenarios to the data of businesses and financial institutions, generating realistic forecasts that will take account of the macroeconomic context, industry consequences, and specific features of individual businesses. This will make it possible for banks to estimate their clients' financial risk, for insurers to examine the profitability of their customer portfolios, and for businesses to evaluate their business plans.
A platform based on the creation of smart apps will also be devoted to financial institutions, businesses, and citizens for the development of specific solutions such as:
· Financial forecasting and stress tests in credit granting and monitoring processes;
· Predictive analyses of debtors' payment behavior for early warning purposes.
· Monitoring individuals' vital parameters in complete privacy to create indicators concerning their lifestyles helps improve their state of health and socialization and, for example, to reach a better relationship with insurance companies.